Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DIY Tuesday

Noble Pectin decorative lights


I love crafting so I thought I would share a beautiful and beachy craft idea I recently stumbled upon. It's decorative shell lights. I glued pretty and colorful noble pectins onto a strand of white indoor/outdoor lights. You could use these at your rehearsal dinner, wedding or reception or just use them on your deck.


Here's what you will need and how to make this project.


Supplies:


  • Shells, scallop shells, clam shells (I used Noble pectins)
  • masking tape
  • minature lights (UL approved)
  • bonding cement

Tape about a 2-foot length of your lights to a work surface that you have protected from the glue. Make sure the lights are laying flat. Apply a small amount of the glue to the shell and place the shell on the plastic base of the light. Make sure the glue doesn't get on the bulb. Let them dry about an hour and then move to the next section.


After you are done, hang the lights and enjoy the beautiful glow of your beachy treasures.

5 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Stopping over from Kimba's. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Maya said...

Oh, this is wonderful, I'm going to add this to my post "Bloggers Craft" that I published earlier this week!

Unknown said...

Great idea!

michelle said...

What a cute idea! It just amazes me all the things that can be done with seashells! Thank you for sharing!

Tootie said...

Cute! I've seen sets you can buy, but hadn't even thought of making my own. :)