Monday, June 13, 2011

Who doesn't love Mermaids?


One of my favorite things to collect for my Etsy Shop are mermaids...so when I saw these benches, I fell in love with them. Take a look at these beauties.


Recently on one of our weekend visits to our local flea market looking for vintage treasures for our Etsy shop, we came across an amazing artist(s) who creates furniture from a variety of wood including driftwood and cypress. His name is Johnny Long of Eure, NC.


Johnny makes the benches and his very talented granddaughter paints the mermaids and beautiful sea life scenes on them. One doesn't go without the other in my opinion. What a wonderful team they make.


I would love to own one of these beauties...and hope to one day when I find a place to put one. They would be beautiful in your garden, on your deck or anywhere you can think of at your coastal home, indoors or outdoors.

This one was another of my favorites because of the sea turtle and the mermaid has blond hair.

If you are interested in any of these beautiful benches or a custom-made bench, you can email Johnny at adamsapple2@yahoo.com. I'm sure he would be happy to work with you on a mermaid bench for your home.


Aren't these beautiful?

No comments: