Saturday, June 6, 2009

What's in our Etsy shop?

I know a lot of people have heard of Etsy but maybe you haven't? I thought I would take a few minutes this morning and tell you about Etsy. Etsy.com is a website dedicated to handmade items. Anyone can buy or sell handmade items on Etsy.com. It's a great place to showcase your handmade items. And there are LOTS of wedding related items on Etsy.com. I found my wedding garter on Etsy. You can get things personalized for your wedding.

Why not purchase your wedding jewelry on Etsy? Not only am I a wedding planner but I also design jewelry. I make a range of styles, including of course my favorite, beach themed jewelry. I use beautiful gemstones, sterling silver and also fine silver created by hand from metal clay. It is tiny particles of silver inside a clay binder. I shape the clay like you would any other clay, let it dry, fire it in my kiln and brush off the outside layer of dried clay and underneath is beautiful shiny fine silver. The photo above is an example of a piece of jewelry created with metal clay. We also will take custom orders so feel free to email us with any special requests. We will do our best to make it happen!

Happy shopping!

No comments: